- Commercial Item Acquisition: Considerations and Lessons Learned. Department of Defense. 2000.
- Commercial-off-the-Shelf Items (COTS). Defense Acquisition Guidebook. acc.dau.mil/CommunityBrowser.aspx?id=638351&lang=en-US . 2006.
- COTS. Webopedia. www.webopedia.com/TERM/C/COTS.html . 2009.
- COTS in Military Systems. Gregory Saunders. www.authorstream.com/Presentation/Olivia-53531-Ten-Years-COTS-Military-SystemsA-Year-Perspective-1776-1781-Revolutionary-War-1812-Civil-World-of-co-Education-ppt-powerpoint/ . 2009.
- COTS Product Selection for Safety-Critical Systems. Ye, Fan and Kelly, Tim. University of New York.
- Kontio J., "A Case Study in Applying a Systematic Method for COTS Selection," in Proceedings of 18th International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE), Technische Universität, Berlin, Germany, 1996, IEEE Computer Society.
- Kunda D. and Brooks L., "Applying Social-Technical Approach for COTS Selection,“ in Proceedings of 4th UKAIS Conference, University of York, York, UK, 1999, McGraw Hill.
- Ncube C. and Maiden N., "Selecting the Right COTS software: Why requirements are Important," in Component-Based Software Engineering: Putting the Pieces Together, G. T. Heineman and W. T. Councill, Eds.: Addison-Wesley, 2001.
- Ochs M., Pfahl D., Chrobok-Diening G., and Nothhelfer-Kolb B., "A COTS Acquisition Process: Definition and Application Experience," in Proceedings of 11th ESCOM Conference, Shaker, Maastricht, 2000.
- Supporting the use of COTS in Safety Critical Applications. Steven Dawkins. University of New York. 1997.
- System Hazard Analysis. Safeware Engineering. www.safeware-eng.com/Safety%20White%20Papers/System%20Hazard%20Analysis.htm . 2003.
- The Goal Structuring Notation. The Safety Engineer Resource. safetyengineering.wordpress.com/2008/04/04/the-goal-structuring-notation-gsn/ . 2009.
- The Good News About COTS. Lisa Brownsword and Ed Morris. News@SEI, Volume 6, Number 1. www.sei.cmu.edu/library/abstracts/news-at-sei/feature11q03.cfm . 2003.
- Use of COTS Software in Safety-Critical Systems. Andreas Aas. Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU). Norway. 2007.
Groups audienceCommercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS)